On July 24th, Tequila Day is celebrated and because of that I am going to share you some interesting facts about this Mexican distilled, which probably has been the guilty for one of your multiple binges. Are you ready to become a Tequila expert? Keep reading!
- Tequila is a male name, strong as his taste.
- ‘Caballito’ (literal translation ‘little horse’) is the official cup to drink the tequila.
- Salt and lemon are palate cleaners, that’s the reason you must taste them before drink tequila.
- You may love tequila shots, but the correct is to taste it sip by sip.
- Any dish can be accompanied with tequila, it’s an excellent match for almost all foods.
- The reason that Mexicans drink tequila to heal a heartbreak is because it activates the nervous system and doesn’t make you feel depressed.
- Tequila and Mariachi are the two elements more known of Mexican Culture around the world.
- To be considered like Tequila, it must contain at least 51% of ‘agave azul’ (blue agave).
- Mexican States with Tequila´s denomination of origin: Jalisco, Guanajuato, Michoacan, Nayarit and Tamaulipas.
- The rights of the name Tequila belongs to the Mexican Government.
Put some TEQUILA on your FIESTA!
Are you a tequila lover? How do you prefer to drink it, right or mixed? Do you have a funny memory where ‘tequila made you do it’? Tell us about it!